Dear readers. I have been avoiding the mid-mod updates a little bit because many of the remainder of the rooms have a lot of work to be done. I know, hypocritical since I keep going on rants about not hiding my mess and pretending like everything is perfect. So for this update, I decided to take a plunge and show you the most personal part of my home: the master suite. Heads-up: the bathroom is a hot mess.
As per usual, let’s begin with the before pics, taken when our house hit the market.
Moving on, here’s what the master suite looks like today:
Okay, so what are the biggest things that need to be updated ASAP?
- The dripping shower. It’s soooo annoying.
- Gotta paint the bathroom.
- The bedroom walls could use a good coat of paint, too. Note that instead of painting, we just moved the bed in front of the smudge on the wall. #Winning.
- That. Carpet. But this sort of opens up a can of worms. If we redo the flooring in the master suite, do we do the entire upstairs? Where does it stop?
- The master bathroom actually needs all new fixtures if we really want to use it more often (which we do). They are old, caked in limescale, and barely useable.
So there it is. Sigh.
Now for the fun part. Let’s dream a bit, shall we?
Bathroom idea photos:
I am pretty lost as far as inspiration for the master bedroom. It’s a large room, so we could really do a lot with it, but I just don’t feel like I have a direction for it. The window closest to the bed faces the backyard, and A and I have discussed one day making it a door to a balcony, but that’s obviously a long way off. It would be nice to have more natural light in there. As it stands, though, here’s my only inspiration pic for the master bedroom:
I’m not in love with it, but I do like some of the elements. I guess the search for good master bedroom inspo is on!
Even though this master suite could use a lot of work, I actually feel very confident about updating it. I think it’ll be gorgeous, and like the rest of the house, it has loads of potential.